Old 16-06-2010, 10:51 PM posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.bio.botany,alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default The Grass Is Greener When You Don't Mow.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:08:42 -0700 (PDT), Evan
wrote:

Las Vegas pays residents to get rid of their lawns... Saves A LOT of water...

It is the water district that pays for removal of lawns. I took 2/3 of
my lawn out and they sent me a check. Just followed the rules, etc.

I now only have about 300 s.f. of turf for my African hound dog to
use. It's been a very successful program.

...."Upgrade existing grass to water-smart landscaping and receive a
rebate of up to $1.50 per square foot of grass converted to
xeriscape."

http://www.lvvwd.com/conservation/ws_rebates.html