Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
kush

Default Algae

Ottos won't eat it once it grows out. Red ramshead snails (and probably
most other snails) are your best bet if there's nothing else more appetizing
to distract them. I've never had SAEs.

Guppies and such-like are supposed to enjoy nibbling on it. I have a four
red-eye tetras who take care of mine when they're in the mood.

Best advice: If you already have ottos, fire them - they should have seen it
before you did. If you don't have ottos, get a whole bunch of them, remove
the worst of the old leaves, and the ottos will do their darndest to keep up
with the new stuff. Even if you use AlgaeDestroyer, you're still going to
have to pick off the worst. By the way, AlgaeDestroyer makes ottos sulk; it
doesn't actually kill them (unless you use it for a long time and they
starve).

I'm a fine one to talk, but if you've got beard you probably have a lot of
light and not enough CO2 or trace. The good news is that beard's one of the
easiest one's to fix. I have a 20-long with blue smear I CANNOT get rid of,
but that's another story...

Good luck,
kush
"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

Karl wrote in message
. net...
Could anyone tell me what kind of algae is this, it is all over the edge

of
the sword's leaf and stem. Can Otto or SAE clean up this mass?
Thanks in advance

Karl