Old 18-06-2010, 02:23 AM posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.bio.botany,alt.home.repair
Josepi Josepi is offline

Default The Grass Is Greener When You Don't Mow.

By your own statements, you cannot go to jail for long grass or "code
violation" and your first sentence contradicts further statements posted by
you.

You can go to jail for not complying with authority demands or violating
court orders and such.

"Nehmo" wrote in message
In Kansas City Kansas, a so-called Code Violation is a misdemeanor
punishable by up to 6 months in jail. The first time fine, even if the
situation is corrected, is typically $149.10. (but sometimes is
$249.10. $49.10 is court cost) If you don't pay or don't show up for
court, you go to jail. I'm personally familiar with the situation in
that city (1), but with a short search, I couldn't find a good link. I
did find one for Prairie Village, Kansas (part of the KC metro)
http://www.pvkansas.com/codes/violations.shtml :
"If violations are not corrected in the time determined by the Code
Enforcement Officer, a Notice to Appear in Municipal Court (ticket)
may be issued. When this occurs, the owner/resident must appear in
Court.
Upon conviction in Municipal Court, violators may be required to pay
fines and/or serve time in jail."

These laws are local, so the penalty and practices vary. But yes,
without a doubt, people are jailed for caring for their lawn
differently than what some other people want. I consider this a first
amendment violation, an infringement of freedom of expression.

(1) I watched several municipal Code Violation "trials". The defendant
never won.