Old 19-06-2010, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default The curse of BER

Paul M. Cook wrote:
So I added calcium to the soil, I used fish emulsion fertilizer

I don't think this is the right fertilizer for tomatoes (although it is
what I in my ignorance used), it has too much nitrogen. It's something
like 511.

I found this:

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/...ing_plus/73178

So, the fish fert may not be your cause, but it does not help and may
indeed hurt.

Jeff

and I
sprayed the leaves with calcium water. And BER set in anyway. No water
stress such as dry roots. I water every day as it is quite warm and the
pots dry fast. This is maddening because I lost so many tomatoes last year
to BER. Just how much more can one do?