Old 19-06-2010, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ragnar Ragnar is offline

Default How to treat Mint plants

"john hamilton" wrote in message
I've got some mint growing in pots. The leaves seem quite big now, so i'm
guessing now is a good time to cut them off?

My intention is to chop the leaves and put them in vinegar to make a mint
sauce. I'm guessing that malt vinegar diluted with 50% water should be
o.k., do you think, or is that too watery ?

Also I'm wondering if its ok to cut all the stalks down or not? I could
just pull the leaves off the stalks (since i'm only using the leaves) and
leave the stalks and then plants might recover some nutrition back from
the stalks? Grateful for any advice on the best way to do it. Thanks.

I don't think you need any water but you should add some sugar.

Don't worry about the plants recovering. On the contrary you would find it
difficult to harm a mint plant which is the toughest plant I know and
practically a weed!

R.