Old 19-06-2010, 09:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default The curse of BER

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

Any comments on eggshells? I've got a lot ground up in my soil. It
would seem the calcium release would be slow, probably too slow.

Jeff

I've got a tool loosening the sort of like a cultivation but very
narrow. Why use it becomes the question. Answer the blade is made of
copper and is meant to diffuse a a small amount about.
Getting back to egg shells ....my compost reflects what we eat. Many
shells many bones many plants. Just return simple and complex as that.
I've sort of gleaned from "Teaming with Microbes" a Billy heads up
that my soil favors fungi and the bacteria are trying to obtain a
balance of sort. ( Poor humanoid attempt to understand life) .
Just in the last two days small 1/8 inch round fungi brown and Red
appears on my wood chips and on my raised bed. I smashed the red for no
other reason As I equate it with poison.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?