Old 19-06-2010, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default How to treat Mint plants

john hamilton wrote:
My intention is to chop the leaves and put them in vinegar to make a mint
sauce. I'm guessing that malt vinegar diluted with 50% water should be o.k.,
do you think, or is that too watery ?

I'd have thought soemthing lighter, a white or wine or cider vinegar.
But I guess it's a matter of taste and personal preference.

Also I'm wondering if its ok to cut all the stalks down or not? I could
just pull the leaves off the stalks (since i'm only using the leaves) and
leave the stalks and then plants might recover some nutrition back from the
stalks? Grateful for any advice on the best way to do it. Thanks.

I've found mint is impossible to kill, no matter how much of it I pull out
it still comes back as soon as I turn my back!