Old 20-06-2010, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Dry Gardening

Sacha wrote:
Rain? What's that?

Yesterday, we went to a very elderly friend's funeral and I thought it
was going to be real funeral weather. The sky was overcast, black at
times, the air was still and it felt truly very thundery and humid.
Nothing. Same for much of today. Until the wind shifts, I'm told we
won't see rain here. Once it goes to the SW, it will/could be another
story. Our borehole has certainly paid for itself this year alone,
never mind the earlier years!

Been piddling it down all day over here in the east. And about time too.
My water butt (not sure of the capacity, but it's nigh on 1m x 1m x 2m) that
I use for the Other Greenhouse is empty down to the last inch of sludge.

Can't wait for the school summer fete in 2 weeks so I can finally get rid of
some of the plants out of the greenhouse and get on with planting out what
doesn't sell!

(btw, anyone want to come and buy some plants off me in 2 weeks? All for a
good cause! Or anyone in the area got plants to spare ... ? :-)