Old 19-06-2010, 11:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
wilma[_2_] wilma[_2_] is offline

Default major rain now major algae bloom

I have been a ponder for many years and had no major problems with my small
/med pond before , but now i have moved to a lovely acreage and have put a
large pond (to me is large)4 ft deep and 9 feet wide and some shallow
areas.It is only 3 weeks old ,ever since the hole has been dug it has been
nothing but rainning here bad ,now the sun has burst thru and hotter then
ever,in 3 days I now have huge long string algea ,way out of contol.I use a
sunterra bio filter model 300107 with an 11 watt uv bulb/3 sponge filters
thats it,I have neaver used anything else ever but now that i have a larger
pond maybe the filter can't keep up or is it too much rain?