Old 20-06-2010, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Turnips - how to store?

I've got a whole row of navet turnips. The ones you are intended to eat
small. They are around 4 or 5 inches diameter and are perfect. What is
the best way to store them? If I leave them in the ground any longer
they will likely run to seed or get some horrible grub that riddles them
with holes.

If I pull them should I let the tops just die off naturally or cut them
off? Will they store in a cool dry place or just put out fresh shoots
seeing as it is only Summer not Autumn?

Any advice?

I never have much luck growing them later in the season due to something
which bores them full of little holes and totally ruins them.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.