Old 20-06-2010, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Turnips - how to store?

"Derek Turner" wrote
David in Normandy wrote:
Any advice?

If they're what I think they are, I don't think you are /meant/ to store
them. Eat them young, fresh and freshly-dug. Madhur Jaffrey has a
wonderful recipe for a curry made with them and beef. ICBW but for
storing don't you need swedes ('Swedish turnips')? and I think you are
too far south to grow those.

Swedes are the "turnips" they use in Cornish Pasties ( together with onion,
potato and beef skirt) so as they grow so well in Cornwall I would think
they might do well in France too. I'd give them a go anyway just to see.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden