Old 21-06-2010, 09:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default The curse of BER

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

I water daily because the plants suck up all the water during the day.
They are not overwatered. I water just until I see a little seapage from
the bottom of the pots. Big plants, warm and breezy days mean a lot of
transpiration.

You are using pots and you admit that these dry out daily. Either take on
board the message the BER comes as a result of inconsistent watering, which
is what you are doing by using pots, or start planting your toms in the
ground where they might have a fighting chance to avoid BER.