Old 21-06-2010, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default WEED? Please help

sue10137 wrote:
Yeah thanks so much for you help! I can now happily go pulling it all
out and have a much nicer garden!

Good luck. My dad always reckons the only way to get rid of ground elder is
to move house. I think he exagerates, I had it coming under next door's
fence for years but have finally /mostly/ knocked it back (with the
unforunateness that it sometimes blends in with the strawberries when it is
young, I find).

Oddly, don't seem to get it on the allotment (touch wood!!) only at home.
On the allotment it's all twitch and bindweed. I think I can now spot
bindweed from the tiniest bit of root ...