Old 21-06-2010, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey bobharvey is offline

Default Electrical Plug & Socket for Garden Tools

On 21 June, 11:01, Richard wrote:

Anyone know what plug and socket combination I should get if I went and
discarded the now obsolete Black and Decker combination?

What is wrong with a rubber 13A combination? You shouldn't be cutting
the grass in the rain.

Have a look at
http://essentialsupplies.co.uk/acata...ockets_84.html

The flat black ones by MK Duraplug have been around since the 1950s,
and mower companies have had them moulded in orange. But they aren't
shuttered like a 13A one. They do pull apart if tugged, which can be
a safety feature in certain circumstances. Type 102 are 2-pin (for
double insulated devices) and 103 has an offset earth pin.

MK duraplug also do an in-line 13A system, with a round splassproof
skirt that the round plug slips into. ave a look at
http://www.bizflips.com/library/pdf/...K_Duraplug.pdf page
4
The only truly standardised one is the blue 16A conenctor, but it is
virtually unknown domestically except for caravan users.

There are also splashproof jointers that are not plug and socket
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/12534/...ble-Joint-IP67

you should be able to pick one of these up for about 3 quid at the
right sort of place, e.g. a farm shop.