Old 21-06-2010, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
anon-y-mouse anon-y-mouse is offline

Default Turnips - how to store?

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

I wouldn't like to be the one to tell my friend, a prize winning Cornish
Pasty maker, that she and her family have been using the wrong ingredient
for generations. :-)

Exactly what I was going to say, although I dont have a prize winning
friend. My mother taught me the art of pasty making over 50 years ago,
and was adamant about the swede! Admittedly she was not Cornish, a
Devoniaian, but married to a Cornish man.

Just to clarify, I have never actually made a pasty, I've cut up
potatoes, swede, meat, onion and supervised both mother and wife in the
art!

Roger T