Old 22-06-2010, 05:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default are they safe?

On 6/21/2010 5:39 PM, gloria.p wrote:
habitat wrote:
Hello guys! Are goldfish safe in a garden pond?
I'm planning to put goldfish in my garden pond.

Raccoons will eat them. Also some birds will, too, depending on the size
of the pond.

gloria P

I don't think that raccoons are a real problem in the UK unless someone has
them as pets. A friend with a large koi pond in Hastings had her major
problem with a very persistent heron which would hoover up fish at an
amazing rate. "Invisible" netting will pretty much take care of that
problem but it makes maintenance a real PITA.