Old 22-06-2010, 06:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Can Photosynthesis be enhanced?

In article ,
wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:

It is not that I have not looked about but I favor natural /cheap stuff.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6110867.html
Don't know about the feasibility of coating plants with white stuff
but, if you missed it, look he
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
If those panels were mine, I'd use spray adhesive to stick one of
those shiny mylar "blankets" or even just aluminum foil to one of the
pieces of foam core or whatever that white stuff is to compare the
effects of white vs. shiny metallic.
A few of my beds are light-slighted for a couple of the dim months.
None of them gets enough morning sun, ever, and I've phantasized
reflectors but realities such as durability, stability, wind-resistance,
blah, blah, blah deter and I demur. Maybe, to some degree, masochism
wanes with age. Who'd-a thoughtit. Still, maybe a few "shiny boards" for
Nov-Jan might be nice....

Gratuitous Aside: Isn't that a pretty little garden. It's a stranger to
me. Strikes me as a garden-for-one. As DW sez, "At least they won't be
scared when the squash comes in". LOL

Thanks for the post! The image looks like a shaded area with attempts
to grow food. Greens look happy. Seems the tomatoes on the right are
getting leggy just like mine.
I'm going to do a little chain saw work with East to West 40 ft. swath
priority full sun.

Whew the largest tree on my property is east shade to 11 am. Got to
think reflect on this more.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?