Old 22-06-2010, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default How to treat Mint plants

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 john hamilton wrote:

My method of making mint sauce:

Gather enough leaves and the growing tips for your immediate purpose. Chop
the leaves as finely as you can. Sprinkle some sugar (I use a small
teaspoonful) to help extract the juice. Leave for half an hour or so and
then add the vinegar. Don't dilute it!

Mint sauce won't keep well so make only enough for your immediate purpose.

I've never tried this, but I've heard it told to make up a strong batch of
mint sauce then put it into an ice-cube tray, then freeze. When needed,
take out a cube or two and add either vinegar or boiling water to suit. I'm
not sure of the last bit but you can see the thinking behind the method.

Bill