Old 23-06-2010, 02:33 PM posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.bio.botany,alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default The Grass Is Greener When You Don't Mow.

On Jun 22, 9:53*pm, Some Guy wrote:
Let me see if I can properly re-format this thread:

I don't think I've ever seen a lawn mower with a 2-cycle engine.
Does anyone even sell such a thing these days?
Nehmo wrote:

http://www.newhavenpower.com/Lawnboy...Pro_INDEX.html

Josepi wrote:
...and Lawnboys are still some of the quietest gas mowers out
there.

Ugh. *Ok, so somebody is making wimpy 2-cycle mowers. *I've never seen
them for sale.

You obviously haven't looked. LawnBoy has made two-cycle mowers for
decades.

Wasn't there some emmissions laws passed a few years ago pertaining to
small engines? *Wasn't it supposed to make small engines (lawn mowers,
snow blowers, chain saws, etc) cleaner burning?

In CA, perhaps. Modern two-cycle engines are pretty clean burning.

And don't tell me that a 2-cycle lawn mower is going to be quieter than
a 4-cycle one.

The LawnBoy certainly is.

And who wants to mess with mixing oil with their gas?

I certainly don't, certainly not with different mixtures for each
tool. That's why my string trimmer/leaf blower/lawn edger is four
cycle. One can of gas for everything.