Old 23-06-2010, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default encouraging striking

In article , shazzbat
writes
I haven't heard of this method, but wouldn't it just be simpler to use
rooting powder?

Steve

From my experience rooting powder seems to stop rot not add hormones.
I've always found lumping difficult little cuttings in with something
supper easy like weigela often helps, Maybe it's the same thing?
Proximity to rooting hormones? One reason why i have a large box and
just shove everything in willy nilly. I do get quite a bit of success.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph