Old 23-06-2010, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Will 25 tomato plants be enough for two people?

"EVP MAN" wrote in message

My wife and I both love fresh tomatoes for the table. We don't do any
caning. I planted 25 tomato plants this year but four of these are
cherry type tomatoes. We can each eat five or six tomatoes a day so I
hope that I have enough for the two of us until the frost in the fall
destroys the plants. Should this be enough or should I consider
planting a dozen or so more plants that mature very early?

I'd worry about gout. I got my first case of gout from eating too many
tomatoes.

Paul