Old 23-06-2010, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L.[_2_] Dan L.[_2_] is offline

Default Will 25 tomato plants be enough for two people?

In article ,
(EVP MAN) wrote:

My wife and I both love fresh tomatoes for the table. We don't do any
caning. I planted 25 tomato plants this year but four of these are
cherry type tomatoes. We can each eat five or six tomatoes a day so I
hope that I have enough for the two of us until the frost in the fall
destroys the plants. Should this be enough or should I consider
planting a dozen or so more plants that mature very early?

Rich

More than enough for summer eating. Try canning hole tomatoes with the
extras. It will extend your enjoyment of tomatoes. Once and only one you
try canning... you will become addicted to it Nothing like homemade
tomato juice, salsa and sauces.

I have 90 tomato plants left growing for the canning season just for me.
Last weeks high winds (70 mph) broken about 30 of my plants. I always
plant more than I need for canning.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.