Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Cesium

Default setting up a planted aquarium HELP!!!

What plants do you want to grow? The main thing is to avoid plants are
are not
true aquatics, and to stick with fast-growing, undemanding plants (at

least at
first). Starting out with lots of fast-growing plants will prevent algae
problems.

Could you recommend some fast-growing plants that will do well in a
relatively low-light environment but that will still take advantage of a
rich substrate? I've got a flourite-substrate tank with about 30 watts of
light on a 20 gallon long tank (which isnt that little considering the
plants are less than 10" from the light). I need some short plants that
will be fairly hardy in most water conditions but that will be able to grow
fast enough to help me with algae. I was hoping someone might be able to
recommend some easily obtainable plants that would do well in these
conditions.
-Cesium

---