Old 24-06-2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Tony is offline

Default Will 25 tomato plants be enough for two people? (Paul)

EVP MAN wrote:
I didn't know that too many tomatoes would give you the gout but now
that you brought that to my attention, I do remember that last season,
my big toe hurt so bad for about 3 or 4 days that it felt like I broke
it. Perhaps this was a case of the gout as I heard you can get it in
the big toe. I know it sure was painful. I'll have to see if it
happens again this tomato season but I sure hope not.

Rich

That's certainly worth considering. But referring to your main query, I
cannot fathom two people needing more tomato plants than that if they
don't can. In fact, if they are successful plants, you almost certainly
will have tomatoes to give away (or sell). I have four tomato plants
for my wife and I. We have *plenty* of tomatoes, and we DO can!

Tony M.