Old 24-06-2010, 12:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Will 25 tomato plants be enough for two people?

Dan L. wrote:
In article ,
(EVP MAN) wrote:

My wife and I both love fresh tomatoes for the table. We don't do
any caning. I planted 25 tomato plants this year but four of these
are cherry type tomatoes. We can each eat five or six tomatoes a
day so I hope that I have enough for the two of us until the frost
in the fall destroys the plants. Should this be enough or should I
consider planting a dozen or so more plants that mature very early?

Rich

More than enough for summer eating. Try canning hole tomatoes with the
extras.

No, no the ones with holes you cut up (discarding the hole) to cook for
breakfast on toast.

It will extend your enjoyment of tomatoes. Once and only one
you try canning... you will become addicted to it Nothing like
homemade tomato juice, salsa and sauces.

Agreed. And it isn't difficult.

David