Old 24-06-2010, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L.[_2_] Dan L.[_2_] is offline

Default Will 25 tomato plants be enough for two people? (Paul)

In article ,
"gloria.p" wrote:

EVP MAN wrote:
I didn't know that too many tomatoes would give you the gout but now
that you brought that to my attention, I do remember that last season,
my big toe hurt so bad for about 3 or 4 days that it felt like I broke
it. Perhaps this was a case of the gout as I heard you can get it in
the big toe. I know it sure was painful. I'll have to see if it
happens again this tomato season but I sure hope not.

Rich

I've had gout. My doctor says the cause is excess uric acid from
protein metabolism combined with thiazide medications ("water pills")
taken to regulate blood pressure.

see http://arthritis.about.com/cs/gout/a/foodstoavoid.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gout/DS00090

gloria p

I have had the sore toe once in a while also not due to gout.
However, I also take thiazide medication. Not for blood pressure, for
water retention (bloat). Once in while I stop taking it. I hate the dry
cotton mouth every morning. The real answer for is more sweat type
exercise in the morning.

I do not have gout, one has has a blood test to confirm it.
I love tomatoes. For a long time I use to avoid tomatoes thinking it was
the cause of my heartburns. Pizza and spaghetti was my favorite foods
but did not like me. It was gluten, not the tomatoes. I have switched to
corn pastas and rice based breads for my pizza. The corn pasta is far
better than the wheat based pasta. My pizza's are getting better but not
a good as the wheat breads. Salsa's with corn chips never bothered me.
Bring on the tomatoes

On note to EVP MAN, try and keep the thread together. Click "Follow up
to newsgroup" instead of "New Posting". Thanks

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.