Old 25-06-2010, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How long should I sprinkle?

In article ,
says...

"mogga" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:38:42 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

At long last my well pump has been replaced, so I am now
happily
sprinkling the lawns which are starting to look rather brown
again.
My question is, how long should the sprinklers be left in one
spot?

Mike

If you're in the North West they're about to call a hosepipe
ban!
Eek!

Ah, but does that ban using the hose for water pumped from my own
well?

Mike

As far as I know the rules vary from area to area and are specific to the
ban being imposed by a particular water company, each ban being unique,
so even within the same area different rules may apply during different
bans, the last one down here you were allowed to use a hose to fill a
watering can but not to water the garden! and if you had a meter fitted
the ban did not apply at all, but other areas its a blanket ban, its
always worth checking as the media just love to use the word "ban" when
its quite often "restriction" they should have used
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk