Old 25-06-2010, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
martin martin is offline

Default Gryllotalpa gryllotalpa European Mole Cricket

On 25/06/10 16:15, mogga wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:04:21 +0200, Martin
wrote:

My wife has these in her allotment. They are munching her root
vegetables. They seem to be common in the Netherlands but rare in UK.
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/about-us/news/2...news_6328.html
How does one get rid of them?

Are they really noisy? Heard something yesterday that sounded like a
huge cricket

The one my wife accidentally cut in half with a spade didn't say a word.

Years ago a mole cricket flew into my flat that was really noisy.