Old 25-06-2010, 10:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gary Woods[_2_] Gary Woods[_2_] is offline

Default major rain now major algae bloom

"Rodney Pont" wrote:

Plants are really the answer and you have to balance the plant growth
with the feed going to the fish so that you get a balance.

I used to have a lot of algae in my earth "farm pond" (I'm NOT a farmer;
they work too hard!), but then the stocked bass fingerlings hit breeding
age.... now, the excess nutrients have fins on them and the water is fairly
clear. Only problem is keeping the fish population down, generally by the
worm and six-pack method.