Old 26-06-2010, 07:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default "The Garden"

On Jun 20, 11:08*pm, AriesVal
On 2010-06-20 12:26:38 +0100, Gopher said:

Hello Sacha,

Have just come across the article on Hill House Nursery in the July RHS
"The Garden" magazine. I must try to ensure that my wife doesn't see it
otherwise she'll be off down the A303/38 like a rocket, but I suspect
it will be a losing battle.

As I've been away for a couple of weeks it may be that this has already
been the subject of an earlier thread; if so, please excuse me.

Congratulations to you, Ray and Matthew! It's a very interesting
article with beautiful illustrations and Hill House looks absolutely
super. Obviously Roy Lancaster was greatly enamoured of it. I suspect
your tea sales may increase accordingly :-))

Thank you very much! *We had the proof of the article a couple of weeks
ago but only got the magazine yesterday. *Obviously, we're absolutely
delighted with all Roy's complimentary remarks and certainly as he left
he said he'd fallen in love with the place - very gratifying from such
a source! * You mentioning the tea room reminds me that on the day Roy
came last June, he brought with him a photographer and features editor
and of course, we planned to give them lunch in the tea room. *It was
so crowded and the nursery so busy that day that we had to eat in our
kitchen. *But several of our customers had a very pleasant surprise
when they saw Roy strolling around. *He's a very warm personality and a
passionate plantsman. *We liked him enormously.
Tell your wife to let me know when she's on her way and don't come when
we're away in early July, will you! *;-)

congratulations Ray and Sacha. *I found this mention of Hill House Nursery
on the RHS websitehttp://apps.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/nurseryfinder3.asp?ID=552&so=pf
--

& I found this http://www.rhs.org.uk/RHSWebsite/fil...b821a59592.pdf

Congrats to Sacha and family.