Old 26-06-2010, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob H Bob H is offline

Default lawn seed won't take

Last year I rotorvated my front lawn after I cleared all the moss growth
as the soil was fairly compacted in places.
I re seeded after levelling using 'Easy Green Mix' from Lawn UK. Due to
heavy downpours some of the seed was washed away, and when the grass had
actually grown , the lawn was patchy.
I then re seeded again using the same seed, but due the possible adverse
changes of weather, it did no take.

Earlier this year (May) as I could not get the same seed as before I
bought some Johnsons easy lawn seed from a local supplier, which I used
to reseed again over the existing grass etc. Just after I had sown the
seed, it rained lightly off and on over a period of about a week or so,
but also went cooler at times. Typically English weather!

It is now several weeks since I sowed the new seed, but that has not
taken either, and the lawn is as patchy as it was last year.

Any ideas as to why this is and what I can do to improve the look/
reduce the patchiness.

Thanks