Old 26-06-2010, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Lily problems

"Chez" wrote

"®óñ© © ²°¹°" wrote in message

"Vic Cieslewicz" wrote:

I have 2 pots with lilies in next to each other.One pot is fine the other
however is having its leaves chewed. Ive found the culprit...it looks
like a
red woodlice .I cant find it in any of my gardening books...does anyone
know
what it might be and what I can do

Is this the critter?

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...s-lily-beetle/

Yes indeedy..that sure is the critter...thanks ever so much....I wonder
why only one pot has been attacked.

Don't worry, when they have eaten all those ones they will move over to the
others. Watch for the larvae they cover themselves in their own excreta and
look like bird droppings. However the fact that they are often under the
leaves is a giveaway as will be the destroyed foliage.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden