Old 27-06-2010, 06:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eurofeeds[_2_] Eurofeeds[_2_] is offline

Default Purple Sprouting Broccoli flowering already

OK thanks - in that case they're for the chop and I'll replace with Brussels
Sprouts

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Eurofeeds" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Eurofeeds" wrote ...
I bought a few PSB plants from the Garden Centre as I had left it too
late to sow. About 1/3 of the plants are flowering now - presumably I
might as well throw those away?
Cut the flowers off and they should sprout some more.

Are you saying they will sprout again next spring?

No they will sprout in a few weeks if you cut the flowers off. It's like
dead heading a rose, the plant wants to reproduce so produces a new flower
and it's the immature flowers we eat.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden