Old 27-06-2010, 03:14 PM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default A smart new winter garden predator

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:43:15 +1000, atec7 7 wrote:

Rat
Bait the trap with liquorice and wire to the trunk

That is distressing. Wasting liquorice like that.

Reminds me of the pound's advice on how to tempt a difficult to catch tom
cat into the trap; mortadella. Well, it worked. We decided the cat
wasn't get all of it and we'd have a little for lunch and during lunch
the cat promptly walked into the trap which I'd moved to the backdeck
just before lunch to bait after lunch..