Old 27-06-2010, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Lily problems

wrote ...
Dave Hill wrote:
I've just found 1 beetle this year but the leaves have been well
chewed and I've had over 30 lots of grubs in black Sh....

Similar story here, found 4 or 5 of them several months ago, and not found
any since, but one set of flowers (white with pink edging, most recently
bought, not the ones that have been in the ground for up to a year) is
really badly munched. They were munched before the flowers opened.
As of yet, no munching on the others (which are elsewhere in the garden)

Spray them all asap in the hope you will save them. Next year spray them all
as a matter of course as soon as you see one insect.
Or IME give up trying to grow them.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden