Old 27-06-2010, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Please identify this plant

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 06:42:29 -0500, phorbin wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 08:38:22 -0500, balvenieman wrote:

profile

Thanks for the info.

Glad to see you're still with us.

How'd it go.

Fortunately I had boiled the hell out of it before I ate it, boiling
removes the toxins although you are supposed to boil it twice and I only
boiled it once. I didn't have any symptoms but that's the last time I eat
any unfamiliar plant. My gardener had told me that he eats this all the
time but he is from Jamaica. I suspect that they have a different plant
that looks like pokeweed.

But it does have its uses.

http://www.holisticonline.com/herbal-med/_Herbs/h284.htm

http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Phytolacca+americana