Old 28-06-2010, 10:01 PM
ressull ressull is offline
Registered User

Default Laying new lawn - some questions

Hi, I am looking to lay around 60sq.m of turf in my garden and have some questions.

The drainage is poor due to poor soil (clay) so I am looking to put in a french drain to help the problem. On top of this I will lay topsoil but not sure how much to buy as I've never done anything like this before, also how much should I expect to pay for it? likewise, how much should I expect to pay for turf and any advice on what to look out for or any recommended suppliers in the Ayrshire region would be very much appreciated.

If anyone has any other advice or tips on how to lay a good lawn then any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Russell