Old 29-06-2010, 07:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Return On Investment

In article ,
"songbird" wrote:

Billy wrote:
Shooting the shit is fine, but without authority, it is just babbling,

today's authority is sometimes
wrong. i worked for 7 people
who were authorities and they
were a lost cause. and so i
don't trust authorities blindly
and find most popular works
too light on rigor...

Great, so to counter balance lack of rigor, you offer none? What do you
use to justify your beliefs on up and down, good and bad, right or wrong?

because of that i have been
trying to get a hold of more
studious works lately. i was
reading a college level plant
physiology textbook a few
weeks ago and it ignored
so many topics and instead focused
on the pet topics of the various
contributors.

You were reading an anthology by various authors writing about subjects
that they supposedly would know the most?

don't get me wrong, it was a
good book for me to read but
it was very incomplete and i was
afraid that many students who had
this as their only plant physiology
book would be missing so much.

You expected all of plant physiology in one book? Kinda makes you wonder
what the other 40 units were all about.

now i am looking for other
good reads, so recommend away
and i will line some of them up
and see what they have to offer.

and logic is only as good as its premise.

if it's valid.

You quoted links?
Citation please.

only those you included, but
many i did not follow because
i was offline (as i am now).

You argue, but give no supporting authority: divine revelation, inspired
intuition, bull shit? Who knows? You offer no argument for your
denigration of organic food.

tossing citations back and
forth with no personal interpretation
on your part isn't a conversation.

Since we haven't done the original work, it's my authorities against
your authorities.

tell me when you cite a
link what it means to you
and how it is lived by you.
otherwise you are a shadow
boxer.

lame
do you garden? how do
you garden? what do you
garden?

I thought we were talking about the irrelevance of organic food. Why are
you wandering off, or are you jut trying to change the subject?

or i am here to babble then.

Looks like it.

songbird

--