Old 29-06-2010, 11:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Can anyone identify this plant please

said:

7Pat Kiewicz wrote:

But the flowers in the original picture aren't four o'clocks.

Yes, I see what you mean. The blossoms resemble 4:00 but that's
all. The foliage, assuming that I'm looking at the right stuff, is
familiar but my old brain isn't connecting this morning....

Had an e-mail from the original poster. It turned out to be a white
cultivar of corncockle (Agrostemma)

Final ID: Agrostemma githago 'Ocean Pearls'

Apparently, this species is considered an invasive weed in parts of
North America (reseeding annual).

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/219297/

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored