Old 29-06-2010, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default What's eating our lettuce?

"AriesVal" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 19:33:00 +0100, shazzbat wrote:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...rew/027Jun.jpg

Is this typical of deer damage? If not deer, what?

It does look like deer damage to me? Are any of your other plants
affected,
roses? Peas?

We have no roses on the allotment. Peas are close to the lettuce, but not
touched. We went there again this evening, and now some potatoes are eaten
off, and there are some not very good prints near the lettuce.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t.../029Jun001.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t.../029Jun002.jpg

I don't think people would have eaten the spuds off. The strange thing is
the beans are untouched. I've heard deer are fond of beans.

Steve