Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
kush

Default About NUTRAFIN CO2 Natural Plant System

I won't use an airstone just for that reason. I THINK the substance itself
is benign, but it affects the bubble size, eventually cancelling out the
benefit of using the stone over just having an uncapped line. Someone
recently suggested using the disposables. I just introduce the CO2 in ways
that don't require a stone, diffusion chamber and powerhead injection.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

E. Mito wrote in message
In article , "Steve Galupe"
writes:

For some reason, DIY CO2 will always do that. I used a wooden airstone

that
deformed and was almost covered by the same stuff.

Interesting thing about the white stuff (bacterial or fungal colonization,

think?)...I noticed some of it starting to develop on a new setup I just

put
together and the snails seem to like eating it...sort of weird.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm