Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mentalguy2k8[_2_] Mentalguy2k8[_2_] is offline

Default What flies are these in my house?

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message
They're black and smaller than house flies. We're getting a lot in the
garden, they seem to fly/hover aimlessly underneath the washing on the
line (like gnats), but never seem to land on anything.

Same indoors, they congregate in the middle of the room, sometimes a dozen
or two, just moving around underneath the ceiling fan, never seeming to
land on anything. They're coming in through an open door (although an
almost full-lenght curtain is across it, the breeze lifts it at times and
we seriously need the fresh air)

I'll try and get a photo later on, but does anyone have any ideas what
they are, and how to get rid of them? I'm getting tired zapping them with
my electronic fly-swat

Here's two that I zapped earlier:

http://tinypic.com/r/33mbr75/6