Old 01-07-2010, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L.[_2_] Dan L.[_2_] is offline

Default Return On Investment

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

I am in sad shape
I make my own junk food: potato chips, peanut brittle, mayo...
However, my own processed junk food does not contain exotic chemicals
The food processor is my friend.

Potatoes fried at a high temp with good oil is a treat. Fresh
mayonnaise the same. Brittle with black walnut more to my liking. The
term process has much to do with scale and attention to the product in
this case food. I'd submit that poorly made home made with fresh
products beats large scale reasonable well presented foods. Style after
all is not substance by itıs very definition.
A food processor slices and dices. Food processor companies do that too
but just as Christ said 12 is enough many more and the relationship is
diminished. Cutting to sparse where it all came from and the
connection to all life. After all chickens come in a bag and milk in a
bottle and forget Veal.
Then there is the mater of grateful and being or not being and does it
work on a thymus ?

One other item one cannot find in super market other than veal, is a
meat from a rooster. My chickens are old enough to have connective
tissue that makes them better tasting (in my book). Hens for eggs and
roosters for dinner.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.