Old 02-07-2010, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default The great snail swap

"Jill Bell" wrote in message
news
On 01/07/2010 17:12, kay wrote:
The Radio 4 programme Material World is sponsoring some
research into
homing instincts of snails. As part of this, they are looking
for people
willing to swap snails with their friends - you both collect
snails from
your garden, dab different coloured paint on to their shells,
swap
snails, release your friend's snails in your garden, then wait
to see if
your snails, released in their garden (and identifiable by
different
paint colour on shell) find their way back to your garden.

Click on 'The great Snail swap' link at the bottom of this
page:
'BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - Material World, 01/07/2010'
(http://tinyurl.com/38o7y8p)

It has all the makings of a great new Disney film..........
there's old old, wise, slow snail who been round the block a
few times and come to terms with the hardships of life; then
there's the young, bouncy, up for anything, but a bit of a wimp
when trouble strikes (he'll be the one hiding under a leaf when
the thrush comes along) and there's theeir slim sleak and
constantly complaining sluggy friend...... All cast adrift in
an alien world, desparate to make their way back to the home
and friends they knew and loved, dealing with adventure and
tradgedy along the way....

Sorry - think I've overdosed on the wet stuff from the sky this
morning;-)
Jill

And there was me thinking you have been drinking from wet glasses
again :-)

Mike