Old 02-07-2010, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
louisxiv[_3_] louisxiv[_3_] is offline

Default Ground Elder Questions

Hi

A couple of newbie questions re Ground Elder which is taking over my
shrub beds.

Am I right in assuming that this is self-seeding from the substantial
elder trees in my garden? Like it's not a seperate plant or anything?

To kill it off is it enough to break it off at ground level or is the
root system the type that will keep send up new leaves the way
dandelions do? If this is the case I take it spraying it with
weedkiller (carefully to avoid nuking my shrubs) would be a reasonable
solution?

TIA for any advice.

MA