Old 02-07-2010, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Advice please - Self-propelled walk-behind petrol-driven mowers

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
Hello all
This makes mowing less noisy.

Can one push and pull a self-propelled mower
back and forth in and out of corners, under hedges etc. ?

Best regards and thanks in advance from
Ray

You can throttle back but you will find your speed over the
ground a bit
slow, I got rid of my self propelled mower years ago and find
the job
takes a lot less time with a motor rotary that you push, they
are a lot
cheaper, lighter, and there is less to go wrong, sit on tractor
types may
be a lot better but the ones you walk behind seem designed for
80 year
olds with bad hips. But then I am always trying to get the
grass done in
a hurry, if you like to take your time it presumably isn't an
issue!

You should try a Hayter Harrier. Forward speed at full throttle
is quite
quick.

Mike