Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
E. Mito

Default Help with plants

In article , "carmineventura"
writes:

I have a 60 gal tank, fluval 404 plus under gravel filter with two power
heads. My Amazon Swords are not doing well. Nothing I do seems to help. I

I'm no plant expert, but I understand that swords need a relatively rich
substrate, so I'm guessing that the UGF is leaching out useful substrate
nutrients that would otherwise get to the sword roots. I've read that laterite
balls can be embedded into substrate in conjunction with UGF to supplement root
fertilization, although I don't know if the UGF would pump the dissolved
nutrients into the water encouraging algae growth...?

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm