Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
kush

Default Leaves lighter green and developing a hole (Anubias, Swords)

Or excess nitrate?

LeighMo wrote in message
But now i've noticed my Anubias (barteri var. caladiifolia "1705") seems

have the similar problem in its NEW leaf. The old leaves are still find

but
the new leaf that has grown seems lighter in colour with a hole that is
developing. My java ferns in my tank are doing very well though (new

nodes
keep appearing at the ends of the leaves for propogation). Any ideas??

It's natural for new leaves to be lighter in color.

As for the holes...my guess would be something is eating the leaves. It

could
be a deficiency, but given your low light levels, I think a salad-loving

fish
is more likely.

Though some people claim that fish don't eat anubias, IME, that's not

true. My
clown loaches routinely chewed holes in my anubias leaves, until I moved

them
to another tank.

If you can take a photo of the damaged leaf, that might help the

diagnosis.

Leigh