Old 02-07-2010, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Did I dream it?

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

Did someone mention in this group about hanging dead squirrels in trees to
put off other squirrels?

Alan

Yes, you did.
My great grandfather was a gamekeeper and it was important that he showed
his employer he was doing his job by killing everything that was a threat to
the game birds by putting them up on a gibbet,
He was a man of few words.

I remember visiting aged 11, (on my own) and he gave me ginger wine. I
told him I'd made some spills to light his fire with.

I inherited his taxidermy glass cases raptors and owls, stoats, weasels
etc. I gave them to Leics Museum.
AFAIK they are still there.

Tina