Old 02-07-2010, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ID a plant...Please ?

In message , Jill Bell
writes
On 02/07/2010 21:22, Paul Starship wrote:
Dear Experts (including newly crowned expert)

Can someone please identify this flower/plant please ?

Usually grows to over 3ft usually 4ft or slightly higher.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zpk/4755883266/

Tubular stem that becomes brittle and easy to
break in autum/winter.

Possibly thalictrun aquilegifolium? But I'm not sure and probably about
to be shot down in flames by those who know better. Any chance of
close-ups of flowers and leaves?

Thalictrum aquilegifolium has purple flowers. (I checked my file of
digital photos before proposing Thalictrum speciosissimum.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley